YOU KNOW YOU’RE FROM SAN DIEGO WHEN . .
1. You can correctly pronounce Tierrasanta, La Jolla, Rancho Penesquitos, San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, Jamul, and El Cajon, and know where they are.
2. There are four distinct seasons: Summer, Not Quite Summer, Almost Summer, and oh, Hey look its summer again.
3. Your high school had a surf team.
4. Chula-juana is a real town, as well as San Yskidrow, Spun Alley, and Nasty City .
5. Your house is worth more than some small countries.
6. You know what MB, OB , and PB stand for.
7. Every street name is either in Spanish or Spanish related, and you’re surprised when other areas don’t have this.
8. You can determine the accuracy of someone’s “I’m ghetto” claim by knowing their high school. For example: El Camino High School or Crawford High.
9. You see weather forecasts for four different climate zones in the same county and aren’t remotely surprised.
10. You’ve gone to Mt. Helix in July and know you still need a jacket.
11. You remember going to “The Cross” on Mt. Helix for Easter services. 60 degrees is COLD!
12. You’ve tailgated at Qualcomm Stadium, and for bonus points, also tailgated when it was Jack Murphy Stadium.
13. You know that “charge!” doesn’t refer to a credit card.
14. You remember going downtown via Federal Blvd. before Hwy 94 was built.
15. You remember when Hwy 94 was 2 lanes in each direction.
16. You’ve been on a field trip to see an Imax movie a the Rueben H. Fleet Space Center .
17. You still call it the Del Mar Fair.
18. You say “I’m going to the track” and people know what your talking about.
19. You say “I’m going to the park” and people know what you mean.
20. You remember when Lemon Grove, La Mesa , and Spring Valley were “in the sticks.”
21. You understand what May-gray and June-gloom means.
22. A famous skateboarder/surfer lives in your town,
23. There’s a North County , South County , and an East County but no Central County .
24. You know what it means when a girl in a short skirt is walking on El Cajon Blvd.
25. You’ve gotten stuck in the Horton Plaza parking structure traffic after a Padres game.
26. You know what “the merge” is and will plan your entire day around not being on it during rush hour.
27. You know the difference between Clairmont Mesa, Kearny Mesa, and Mira Mesa.
28. You’ve stayed home from school or work because “It’s Raining!”.
29. You’ve gone to Sea World on a warm day and sat in the first few rows at the Shamu Show to get cooled off.
30. You’ve been delayed at the Border Checkpoints on the 5, the 8 and the 15.
31. Your house doesn’t have or need air conditioning unless you live in the East County .
32. No matter what the weather is, there is always someone walking around in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.
33. You’ve been to the desert, the mountains, and the beach all in one day.
34. You know that Santee and Lakeside is where the “cowboys” live.
35. You know why Hillcrest is known as “the swish alps.”
36. You hate tourists and their bad driving. (But you don’t know how to drive in the rain.)
37. You’ve gone to the Zoo just to hang out.
38. You have family or friends that have moved to Arizona , Nevada , Utah or Colorado .
39. You know someone who doesn’t own pants.
40. You know what the “Santa Anas” are and that they have nothing to do with the city of Santa Ana.
41. You know what “real Mexican food” tastes like.
42. You remember when ” Mission Valley ” was cow pastures (Oh . . . to have bought land then!)
43. You remember when Lemon Grove had “the cows.”
Have a beautiful, sunny San Diego Day!